Friday, August 27, 2010

A Course Outline!

Today I discovered the blackboard.  I was getting emails from a teacher; although I did not know it was from a teacher, saying that "the course outline was available".  No other information included.  So...today I searched and searched and at last I found the course outline on the blackboard.  Huzzah!  I wish that all my course outlines were available, but I'm sure they will be soon.

Doesn't this course sound fantastic?  I am so excited!


Ancient Peoples and Places


"INTRODUCTION:

This course surveys world prehistory from the first emergence of humans to the development of ancient states and empires. We begin by looking at the techniques and methods modern archaeology uses to reconstruct the past. We then move chronologically through human prehistory, focusing on the evolution of modern humans, the development of agriculture, and the emergence of social complexity. Topics covered in the course include the Palaeolithic, Neanderthals, the peopling of the New World and Australia, the development of settled life, the Anasazi, the Maya, Ancient Egypt, and the Inca Empire."

My classes are going to go together so well.  Seriously, they will be like puzzle pieces they will fit together so awesome.  And I can't wait to have some interesting discussions with my Dad, who denies that Neanderthals are real, among other things... *rubs hands together in anticipation*  Let the learning begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment