Wednesday, March 9, 2011

so when I actually have focus...

Then I cannot get to sleep.

I really enjoy studying for Anthropology, and I felt really productive tonight.  Could be the two pink energy drinks though *cough cough*.  Hmmm... come to think of it, this is probably why I can't seem to get myself off to dreamland.

Usually when I can't sleep I feel like writing or being creative in some way.  So I wrote a poem in my head as I was trying to fall asleep, and posted it.

Yup... that's my life.  Whenever I'm super busy and unsure of how I'm going to accomplish everything on my plate, I will suddenly feel inspired to be creative.  Or sometimes that will be when I get into a really good book that I can't put down.

Speaking of which, I really need to finish Outlander.  It's good, I swear!  I just haven't gotten that 'grabbed' feeling.  You know, the one where you feel so enthralled with the story that you literally can't put it down, and it winds up accompanying you everywhere at all hours of the day and night?  The one that keeps you awake until 3am because you just can't bear not to know what will happen next?

I miss that.  The last book/series to do that to me was Harry Potter (the last 2 books of which I finished too long ago).  I have many a book sitting on my shelf that I'm dying to read, but I feel determined to finish the two that I have already started.  Namely, Outlander and Intelligent Thought.  Sigh.  I take too long to read sometimes.  I finished the Twilight series in like 1-2 months max.  Have you seen those books?  They're huge!  So what the heck?

I need to sit on a beach for oh, 10+ days, and do nothing but wallow in the sunshine and the pleasure of reading.  Doesn't that sound perfect?  Throw in a little surfing, and make the location somewhere in Europe, and it's pretty much my nirvana.  But really, any beach will do.

Next year, it's a plan.  For now I shall just try to be content with falling asleep dreaming of the perfect sandy and deserted beach replacing the cold and snowy locale I am currently in.

Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment