Monday, June 13, 2011

excited for year two!

So I have been pouring over course outlines and times for the past couple of weeks, and I have finally figured out my schedule for school next year :)  I also wisely looked up all of the professors that I didn't know on ratemyprofessor.com so I feel quite confident that it will be a fantastic year.


I thought I'd share the courses I am planning to take because I am very excited about them.  I almost can't wait for September to arrive.  While it's been very nice making money again, I have decided that working is over-rated.  I'm tuckered out from this full time restaurant gig of mine.  Good thing I get a vacation in August at least.  Ok without further ado...


Fall Courses:


Art History 359 - Northern Baroque and Rococo Art (with Bershad who is seriously one of my favourite professors)


Law and Society 201 - Introducton to Legal Studies


Philosophy 201 - Mind, Matter, and God


Religious Studies 309 - Religious Experience


Psychology 205 - Principles of Psychology


Winter Courses:



Anthropology 425 - Primate Cognition


Anthropology 435 - Evolutionary Anthropology (this course sounds super interesting, and it's being taught by the head of the department who is really nice and a great professor...eeeee!)


Anthropology 451 - Conservation and Ecology


Astronomy 209 - Cosmos


Philosophy 259 - Sex, Love, and Death


I. Am. So. Excited!!
I am also looking into doing two study abroad adventures.  I want to do the Primatology Studies in Ghana or Belize for 4-6 weeks in Spring, and also a term abroad in Amsterdam.  I just haven't decided which one to do in which year.  They have to be in my 3rd and 4th years, but I have to figure out how the term abroad would work if I'm teaching piano... Hmmm... Some how, some way...  It's a little scary to think about living in a whole different country across the world for 6 months, but it's also something I've always wanted to do so it's an exciting plan too!


Well I'm off to bed.  I worked a lounge shift this evening until 12 midnight, and now get to open the patio at 9:30am tomorrow...  *sigh*  It's great to be getting better shifts and try out the lounge and patio, but dang... I'm going to need a darn good americano tomorrow morning.


night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment