Monday, June 27, 2011

So about that perfect schedule...

I have been ready to pull my hair out lately in regards to my class schedule for year two because every time I would log into my u of c another lecture or tutorial session would be closed.  Dratted late enrolment appointment!  Aaanyways... I managed to finally figure out some decent alternatives keeping to the times I wanted.  I hate having long breaks between classes.  I'd rather just go to school and have back to back classes and go home for lunch.  In the Winter I will have a 2 hour break on MWF, but at least it will mean that I finally get to take the Astronomy class that I've been dying to take.  And then it means I get a nice long lunch with friends, or a work out at the gym on campus, or whatever...

Also... Kirsten and I have been finding some cute apartments in Sunnyside.  Originally I was hoping to be a little more NW than that, but I actually think that its a great location because it's halfway between school and work.  Since I will most likely be working Mon-Fri evenings (teaching piano at a studio, privately, and keeping 2 shifts per week at Joeys) it will be easier if I am not on one extreme end of the city or the other.  I'm getting so excited to move!  As much as I like my current home... I'm anxious to be in a much better location.  It will make life so much easier on so many levels.  Plus... I've decided to redecorate my room.  I haven't done that in years, so I'm excited!  I have lots of ideas and can't wait to start putting them into action.  I will definitely be doing a before and after blog post ;)

So... The actual classes that I will be taking this Fall and Winter as of right now are as follows:

Fall 2011:

Art History 359 - Northern Baroque and Rococo Art

Philosophy 325 - Law and Morality

Philosophy 201 - Mind, Matter, and God

Musical History and Literature 311 - Composers and Musical Cultures

Philosophy 315 - Philosophy in Literature

Winter 2012:

Anthropology 435 - Evolutionary Anthropology

Anthropology 451 - Conservation and Ecology

Archaeology 203 - Intro to Physical Anthropology

Astronomy 209 - The Cosmos

Law and Society 203 - Intro to Legal Knowledge

So that's that.  I might be swapping a couple of classes in the Fall session if someone drops the Religious Experience class, and/or if there is space available in the Psychology class.  Phew what a process!  I was getting so irritated trying to find more and more back up classes.  There is a limit on how many 200 level classes you can take, adding further to the difficulty of finding such back ups.  But it's all done now... thank god!

The sun is shining and I'm on the patio tonight!  Huzzah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment