Monday, October 5, 2009

Bloggity Blog Blog

So, I'm not so awesome at the whole keeping up with my blog thing... Mostly because I get inspired to write late at night when I'm falling asleep, and in the morning... it's gone. But I'm going to try harder... I pinkie swear.

I thought I would tell you about a little slice of heaven called the Oolong Tea House. This place is such a peaceful sanctuary.

The staff are all awesome. It's got a hippe, indie, laid back vibe which I dig. And almost everyone in there is some kind of creative.

You go in there, and immediately feel your stress disappear. You can unwind, and just enjoy the moment. Not thinking about number 60 on your "to do" list, but just enjoying the atmosphere and a nice cup of tea. Breathing deeper and easier.

The staff are always happy to chat with you about many interesting things...like their art or music or schooling... Many topics that I find I am unable to have with an average person.

Thursday nights they are open late (until 10) and they have local musicians playing. It's a great place to be on a Thursday night. And much better than whatever Ladies Night the local club is throwing, I assure you. Unless you are all about being in a loud club drinking copious amounts of liqour during the week. But then we are probably not friends.

The only thing that could make Oolong better would be more couches instead of tables and hard wooden chairs. Then if you were on wifi or listening to the local music, you could be more comfy. I'm all about being comfy.

All in all, it's a great place to go. Do it :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmm sounds nice!

    I have the same issue with blog writing. I mean. It's easy to post photos. It's not so easy to write something of note. But I often think of excellent subjects either while I'm not at home (composing blogs while bike-diring) or, like you, falling asleep. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete